I have always had good intentions for this blog, but I’m consistently too slow, too disorganized, or too damn lazy to fulfill them. But the good news is that there are plenty of other daddy bloggers out there who are more than capable of fulfilling my intentions:
- Ever since I read Greg’s post about the vegan parents who let their infant starve to death, I’ve wanted to post something about it. Kaz over at I Hate Snaps! beat me to it, writing what I wanted to say, only better and with fewer words.
- There have been plenty of other things I wanted to say along the way in this parenting adventure–little observations of the way things are, how they used to be, how we’ve changed and grown. Again, someone beat me to it. This time it’s L.A. Daddy. (And all this time, I thought I was the only one who used Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas as a bedtime story.)
- And then there are all the fun things that come through the tubes of the innernets that I really mean to share with all of you, but I figure there’s no need for me to bother when you could go read King Potty Mouth, aka the Zero Boss, who tips you off to blogs full of pictures of passive aggressive notes from around the world, among other fun sites.
- Speaking of pictures, Raul, over at Heading East, makes me wonder why I bother posting my pictures, or taking pictures, or owning a camera . . . probably because I can’t afford to have him living here, ready and waiting to capture images of 3B as they appear to him. Not only are his images and those he brings to his blog beautiful, his writing is sublime.
- Even the nondaddy bloggers do a better job at this thing than I do, with Brother #2 posting a fine picture of what was a beautiful celestial surprise that I got to see the other night when I was out walking Barky–an event which Sister #1 describes better than I ever have. (And since when did our family become the Blogging Wallendas?)