Mama suggested that the first two items on this list should be nice asses and big boobs, but I’m overruling that. I am, however, enlisting her help in writing this entry, which is in keeping with the list itself, since Mama is the best friend I could ever hope for. In fact, she’s better than I could ever hope for or than I’ll ever deserve.
In fact, she observed that it’s easier to list all the traits I don’t like about people than it is to list all the traits I do. I guess that means that one of the items on her version of this list would be “Whiners. Kvetchers. Bellyachers.”
Eight Things that Attract Me to My Best Friends
According to Mama, I like people who are…
- Witty, as in intelligent. Or even sarcastic–that’s a surprise, huh?
- Laid back, without a lot of drama, who are calm.
- Open minded. Unless their opinions are wrong, in which case, why should I waste my time on them? But seriously, Mama said this goes along with people who can see that the world is a big place, are willing to see beyond their own perspective and situation, and who are able to see the world from outside their own box.
- Not too serious about themselves, and willing to laugh at themselves.
- Willing to make an effort, because I’m not willing to make much of an effort to socialize.
- Kind and patient.
- Not crazy.
And while we’re speaking of friends, what did I ever do to you, Black Belt Mama? Why did you
attempt to break my soul tag me with this infernal endless meme? When will it end?!