As my six regular readers know, I’m a moron who is pretty much incapable of learning from my past. Or even remembering it.
However, with the help of a brief review of my own blog–holy crap, I’m a minister!–I was able to remember…
Eight Things I Have Learned This Past Year (part of a continuing series)
- I suck as a Fantasy Football coach. Actually, I have no idea how good I could be if I spent more time on it…which I plan to do next year, if only to make BBM suffer the same kind of ignominious defeat that I did at her hands this year.
- Having a whole bottle of milk vomited on my face isn’t as bad as it sounds. It helps that Sister #1 cleaned up the stairs, but seriously, mostly I was concerned about 3B and hoping that MetroDad found a way to get rid of that smell.
- I can survive my child going through surgery. May I never have to again.
- I can’t sing Moses Supposes or Forever Young too many times for 3B, and I can sing them all night if he needs me to.
- Good friends may move away, but they never leave me. Sort of like gum on my shoe. Unlike old gum, my friends know when they are needed, and show up right on time, as if they read ahead in the script.
- If there were no music then I would not get through.
- I’ll never fathom the depths of my family’s love, which will continue to humble me through all the days of my life.
- And one that I learn every year: The best lessons are worth learning several times.