“But a dog’s got personality. Personality goes a long way.”
Random surfing while I’m distracted by the thought of Barky in a kennel at the emergency vet hospital, with an IV taped onto his shaved paw.
- Clearly, the author of this article wasn’t a parent who read the book enough times to be able to recite it from memory, as Mama and I can.
- On my way into work, as we passed Thomas Street–announced by the disembodied voice of the bus–an announcement came on…”Remember, safety is everyone’s responsibility.” Spooky, since Sir Topham Hatt reminds Thomas the Tank Engine that “Safety is our first concern,” in one of 3B’s favorite books. It seems that the little blue train’s plan to take over the world is working.
- Your plant is Twittering. What they forget to list in the What You Need section of this article is: a life. People who rig up their plants to Twitter them when they need water are in serious need of something more meaningful to spend their time on. Some suggestions of more meaningful activities:
- contribute your geek powers to the OLPC campaign
- develop a technology that could deliver meaningful education to anyone, anywhere, at anytime for less than five cents a day
- create macrame hanging plant holders
Any of these would contribute more to the human race than a Twittering plant.
We did stop by and see Barky after Mama and 3B picked me up from work today. We even got to walk him around the parking lot while 3B climbed up the small rock mountain at the Land Rover dealer next door. Despite having an IV taped to his front paw, Barky was just as energetic as always. The vets and techs all report that he’s eating fine, has plenty of energy, is sleeping well, and is displaying plenty of … er … personality.
And while I was writing this, we got a call with the results of Barky’s second blood screen–the first was to get a baseline, since effects of raisin ingestion typically don’t show up for 24 hours. Apparently, all ofBarky’s kidney levels are normal, at the bottom end of normal, even, which is good, since raisins would raise his levels.
Now that we’ve got that news, perhaps we can get some sleep … after I get this plant to send a test Twitter, that is.