This parenting thing gets easier every day. Today I discovered that I can do it while sleeping.
This morning, Mama and I debated whether I should stay home while she continued recovering from Pukeapalooza. She insisted that she was OK to the point that I was walking out the door to work when she said, “I’m sure that I can make it at least until noon.”
So I stayed home, watching 3B while Mama retreated to bed.
3B kept insisting on getting into his crib, which left me lying with Barky on the futon in 3B’s room, where I drifted off several times as I started feeling worse. To my credit, 3B was dozing too. I think. Barky was definitely out cold. At any rate, 3B was perfectly safe, and I didn’t even drool on the comforter.
By the time Mama got up, feeling somewhat human again, she looked at me and told me to go to bed. Thank goodness for that. As victim #3 of this pernicious bug, I’ve slept six hours today. I’m up now for some bullion, but then I’m heading back to slumberland before anything else in my body starts aching or cramping.
Before I do, here’s my viral top ten…kiss a friend, pass it on…
- Aching knot on my forehead from getting cracked on the skull by Captain Hook.
- Refrigerators that we still–still!–have in our house.
- People in this house who are all, like, Buddhist and are all, like, be all nice to all living things and all that crap, who would just as soon see every sample of this virus dropped into the Pu’u ‘O’o cone.
- Minimum number of hours between doses of Tylenol.
- Symptoms of this illness that you really don’t want to know about. Trust me on this.
- Pages of the NY Times I could skim before getting a headache.
- Sips of bullion I’m keeping down.
- Parts of my body that hurt right now.
- Times I’ve read Rocket Ship today. 3B used to bring it to me to read insisting that he was ‘cared [scared] of it, but wanting me to read it nonetheless. Today, there were no claims of being scared by it. In fact, Mama and I are trying to work out if he is using that word the same way that we do. Many thanks to Aunt S, cousin J, and our brilliant cousin for the hours of rapt amazement today.
- Number of oyster crackers I had for breakfast.